Monday, September 27, 2010

Ooops! I forgot to mention that a certain someone is walking!

With all of the excitement of a new house and our 5 year anniversary... I forgot to mention that Mr. Gabe is officially a walker....
He took his very first steps on Friday, September 3, 2010 (he was just shy of 13 months)
I felt absolutely horrible b/c after Andy had gotten home from work I made him pick up dinner... and of course, it was then....while Andy was out that Gabe took his first steps...
He totally missed it... I felt so awful about this that I didn't mention it until over 24 hours later... I was kinda hoping that Andy would see him take some steps and we could perhaps "pretend" those were his first steps... but no such luck... so when I couldn't hold it back any longer... I blurted it out to Andy that Gabe took his first steps. The first thing Andy said to me was, "it was when you made me go out and get chinese...wasn't it!?!" Sorry And :(
Seeing Gabe taking his first steps was absolutely amazing... it was only 3 little steps but it brought tears to my eyes. He walked from the china hutch to the dining room chair... I don't think he even realized he did it!
Now he is just taking off... he is still wobbly and he hasn't mastered the art of walking while laughing... it knocks him down every time! I think he looks like he's been hitting the bottle... his Grandpa thinks he looks more like an orangutan!
See for yourself :D




1 comment:

  1. YEAH GABE! You will be riding a scooter next to Owen soon! Tell mommy and daddy that this is when the fun starts : )

    ReplyDelete