Well as I announced last week, we are moving! The Hansons are moving back to the shore :) (It's pretty ironic... those of you that know us know how hard is was for Andy to leave the shore... and now we are going back! HA)
Our new home is in the middle of both of our families and will put Andy a lot closer to work.... which will be sooo nice! We are very, very excited!
We were told our home will be ready in October.... but we're thinking it will probably be more like November.... The majority of the construction is complete, we just needed to pick out a few things to give it the special Hanson touch :)
Last Monday we went to the builder's design center. It was such a neat place (they even had starbucks coffee and a fridge filled with sodas, juices, and water! Cool huh!?!) Anyways, they had everything from hardwood samples to cabinet knobs.
As soon as we walked in, I told Andy..."OMG, this is my next calling! I wanna help people pick out fun things for their new home!!" Well, that was at 9:00am... by 12:00 noon... my head was spinning and I wanted to run!
We had to pick out so many things and there were sooooo many options.... I was completely overwhelmed and at that point I didn't care if our carpet was purple...if that meant we could leave!!
Andy had to keep sending me for walks and feeding me to get me to stay focused. Finally, by 2:00pm we made our final selections.
Although we spent a total of 5 hours in the design center, it was totally worth it! We picked out paint, flooring, cabinets, faucets, lighting, counters, appliances...and the list goes on and on and on....
I sure hope we did good because there is no turning back.... everything has been ordered and they will start adding the Hanson touch to our home next week :)
Here are a few of our favorite things from the design center...
We can't wait to see how they look in our new home!
Here are a few of our favorite things from the design center...
We can't wait to see how they look in our new home!
Oh and Gabe was with his Maw on this particular day ;) Making these decisions while chasing after a toddler would have been a nightmare!
No comments:
Post a Comment