The Friday before Mother's Day, Gabe came home from "school" with a little flower for me. A small little purple flower, planted with love in a plastic dixie cup. We've been wanting to plant this little flower in our garden but it just kept raining and raining.... finally we had a perfect day! A beautiful, sunny, 75 degree day. Together Gabe and I planted the flower in the garden and Gabe even sprinkled water on it with his little watering can. It was such a nice special mommy and Gabe moment.
Ta Da! Our pretty purple flower!
It sure looks purty!
Mama and Gabe checking it out...
I was so proud of us for planting this little flower! I am typically known as a "plant killer". No green thumb here... So of course I wanted to take pictures and document this special moment. I sat Gabe down by our flower and reached for my camera.... and when I turned back around... this is what I saw....
He fell over.... ON OUR FLOWER!!!
Yup, that's our flower peaking out from underneath him... and that is me standing over him, taking a picture. Luckily, he was not hurt... just dirty!
The aftermath...notice all of the purple flowers fell off!
Guess I'm not the only "plant killer" in the family.
No comments:
Post a Comment