The nurses got us settled in... put in a couple of IV's... and started pitocin around 6 am. I started contracting regularly... Noah tolerated the contractions beautifully... and I even got to walk the halls of L&D. (Check out my cool stockings ;)
10 centimeters and feel good :)
At 2:26pm, after 2 quick pushes, Noah Adam Hanson was born!
Andy and I were relieved to hear he was healthy and a BOY!
(Although, I think some of our family was a little shocked to find out it was a boy.... a lot of pink had to be returned to the stores!)
Noah weighed 6lbs 6.2 oz and was 18.5 inches long!
Noah's first picture with his Mommy and Daddy!
Grammy was also there to welcome Noah Adam into the world!
Our first official "family of 4" photo!
Gabe was briefly interested in the baby...and then he moved on to the cool gift his brother gave him...which consisted of a Chipmunk coloring book, crayons, and snacks....such a thoughtful baby!
Shortly after Gabe left (to go home with Grammy), PPJ and RB came to visit!
After we got settled into our new room on the "mother/baby" unit...and the visitors left... I took some time to snuggle with my baby! I did a thorough NICU nurse assessment on him (he checked out ok!) and I just took every ounce of him in. I was just so relieved that he was here AND healthy!
As with Gabe, Daddy had the honors of changing the first poopy diaper :)
Mommy was very excited to play "dress up"!
And 24 hours after Noah was born, we were ready to head home :)

No comments:
Post a Comment