Monday, December 12, 2011

"I stuck a raisin up there...."

About a month ago, my little cutie came up to me and informed me that he had stuck a raisin up his nose. At first I thought he was just being silly... and I kinda brushed him off. After he kept insisting that he had in fact put a raisin up there and it was stuck.... I decided to investigate further. Sure enough....there was a big ole' raisin plugging up his nostril!

I did everything I could think of to get this thing out... we tried the nasal aspirator, using tweezers, flushing with saline, and of course the basics such as sneezing and blowing it out.

Nothing worked!

After a quick call was made to daddy and grammy.... we made our way to the pediatricians office.

It was all smiles, in the firetruck room, until the doctor came in...


After signing a "surgical consent form".... it took 4 people to restrain him and there was a whole lot of kicking, screaming, and crying....but alas, this raisin (which had now turned into a large grape) was removed.


After this "procedure" I took this guy for some McDonalds french fries... clearly he is still traumatized by this whole ordeal!


To this day he still talks about the raisin up his nose...and loves sharing this story with perfect strangers! I don't think he will be doing this again... and I think it will be a loooong time before I give him raisins again!


Oh...and still waiting for the bill on this lovely doctors visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment