I love the quote, "Man plans, God laughs"....
Anyways, here is the baby "plan"....
We have made it to full term...WAHOO! Which means that baby is now 37 weeks and while still pretty tiny (around 6lbs) baby is believed to be healthy! (Although I am a NICU nurse, so I'll believe that when I'm holding healthy him/her in my arms!)
Because of the blood clot in my leg, I am on a hefty dose of blood thinners called, lovenox. Lovenox not only "thins" the blood but it also keeps your blood from clotting. Because of that, doctors want to try and "control" the delivery and make sure I am temporarily off of the blood thinners, for 2 days, before I deliver. Delivering while on this dosage of medicine could potentially be very dangerous for both baby and myself....and not to mention painful (blood thinners = NO EPIDURAL!)
So we are going to try and keep baby in for 1 more week... just to make sure those lungs are good and healthy... and then the plan is to induce labor on Monday, December 19th.
My body is showing signs that labor is near...so please keep your fingers crossed that baby decides to stay put until our "scheduled" induction!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment