Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mama's got a new ride

Well, I did it! I traded in this...

for this...
Pretty Crazy huh?!? I never thought I would EVER trade in my Lexus for a minivan...YUCK! In fact, I was dead set on buying a small SUV. Something that would give me room for the dog... room for the stroller... and even room to throw his wagon in the back. Because I really missed my Honda Accord (that Andy STOLE from me!!) I was kinda leaning towards a Honda CR-V. Andy agreed that we could buy a CR-V on one condition... I test drive the Honda Odyssey. We had many arguments over this... I screamed at him and told him I was too young to be driving a minivan and no way was I going to ever look at a minivan!!! We fought for weeks over this....... and finally he got me in one... kicking and screaming... of course! Well to my surprise... I absolutely loved it! It drove just like my Honda Accord. It was zippy and in no way shape or form did it feel like I was driving a boat!
I hate when Andy's right! Man do I hate it! After driving it, it was clear that the Honda Odyssey was the right vehicle for our family... on one condition... if I was going to be driving a minivan than it better have every bell and whistle imaginable! And that it does ;)


We actually couldn't even install his car seat properly in the Lexus. There wasn't enough room for the car seat to recline like it should.



but now the carseat fits just fine!
and look... plenty of room for Zoey too!




Gabe thought it was pretty funny seeing his "sister" in the back!
I look forward to all of the fun and comfortable roadtrips our family is going to enjoy in this minivan :)
(and Andy... I really really hate when you are right)

No comments:

Post a Comment