No not 10 months! Not 10 months, because that means you are 2 months from being a one year old and being a one year old means you are no longer a baby. Not 10 months because that means I need to start planning your very first birthday party and I'm not quite ready for that! Not 10 months because...
SCRATCH!
Scratch all of that! As I was typing, I sat here silently watching Gabe for a good 30 minutes, just zipping from one room to the next... discovering his environment like I have never seen before. It was absolutely amazing! He discovered the dog bowls. He discovered the throw rugs. He discovered he could open and close the door to Zoey's crate. He discovered the door stop in the bathroom makes a really neat noise when you grab it. He discovered the metal legs to the table and the sound the hard wood floors make when you hit them with your hand. I could have sat here for hours... just watching him discover his surroundings. In fact, the only reason I had to stop silently observing, was because he discovered a little baby spider, scurrying across the floor, and was about to catch it! I now have a new outlook. 10 months is cool. 10 months is really cool!
I have noticed the most changes between 9 and 10 months than any other month. Gabe has learned to do so many different things. Just after turning 9 months, he learned to army crawl and now he crawls on his hands and knees... and is actually really fast!! He can also pull himself up to stand... which means he now pulls himself up in the crib and screams and hollers for us to come get him! He also has really really started to notice different things that he never really paid attention to before. For example, on our walk yesterday he kept looking up at the trees and reaching his hand out to grab at the flowers as we walked by. He also has learned to make lots of different noises, including this funny little clicking noise with his toungue. He even has a new laugh this month... kinda like a "fake" old man laugh.
Each and every day we are seeing more and more curiousity and watching his personality really come to life. He has come so far from that squishy little newborn that just layed there, sleeping and eating...
Happy 10 Months Gabe!
No comments:
Post a Comment