Lately, Gabe has been cracking us up with the stuff he comes up with. He is a funny kid... and he totally knows it! When he makes us laugh, he too will laugh and say, " I funny!!" Yes Gabe, you are very funny!
Most of these Gabe~isms you probably have seen on facebook... but I wanted to document these on his blog... so I never forget our little 26 month comedian :D
Andy: What do babies need when they cry?
Gabe: Babies need milk!
Daddy: What if baby still cries? What does baby need?
Gabe: Baby need fruit snacks!
Mommy: Gabe, do you want a baby brother?
Gabe: Nooooo
Mommy: Do you want a baby sister?
Gabe: Noooo (pause) I want a baby elephant!!!
Gabe: Mommy, you touch the clouds?
Mommy: No honey, mommy can't reach them... but you know who can? Uncle Adam!
Gabe: ( He thinks about this for a minute and says) What does Uncle Adam eat!?!
That's my child.... always thinking about food! In addition to this difficult question, he has been asking us questions like, " What does an emu eat?" or "What does an armadillo say?"
Maw: Look Gabe, there is a truck!
Gabe: Nooooo, that's an excavator! (and it totally was too!)
Gabe and Daddy came with me to my doctors, where I had an ultrasound....
Daddy: Gabe look at that TV. We are going to watch baby on that TV.
Gabe: No. I watch Lightnin' MaQeeeen!!
Mommy: Gabe, can you say thank you to Grammy for this yummy dinner?
Gabe: Good girl Grammy!
Mommy: Gabe, we have to take Zoey to the doctors this morning.
Gabe: (As he pats Zoey on the head) It's ok Zoey. Be good girl. Dr. Ramirez (his pediatrician) give you lollipop!
Mommy: Is mommy's baby a boy or girl?
Gabe: GIRL!
Mommy: Are you going to help mommy feed her?
Gabe: Yeah
Mommy: Are you going to read books to her?
Gabe: Yeah. (pause) I not sharing books with her. No, Gabe's books! They're mine!
And the first thing he does each morning is remind us that he is NOT sharing his books with her! (We're going to have to do some damage control when this baby comes out a boy!!)
And let's not forget that each week, Gabe has a different name for the baby. Sometimes it's "milk", sometimes it's "truck", and sometimes it's "Lightnin' Maqeen"!
Mommy: Were you a good boy at Ms. Terry's house?
Gabe: Yeah... but Mr. Chuck don't listen!!! ( her husband... which he readily admitted... he does not understand toddler talk... so he just says "yup" and "ok, buddy!")
Daddy: What are Ms. Terry's bunnies names?
Gabe: Teddy Bear and Bucca
(That convo was followed up by a text to Ms. Terry....and apparently their names are "Gracie" and "Honey". No idea where he came up with those other names!
After Gabe goes pee-pee on the potty...
Gabe: Daddy say YAY!
Daddy: YAY for Gabe!
Gabe: Daddy say YAY LOUDER!
Daddy: YAAAAAY for Gabe!
(This goes on several more times... each time getting louder and louder! And he does this everytime he goes potty!)
Gabe has also been doing very silly things... like...
...when he comes down the stairs he will hop down each step and say, " I hop like a kangaroo" and then the next step he'll hop and say, "I'll hop like a froggie" and there is also the "I hop like a bunny". This goes on and on for all 13 steps!
...he also likes to play with his stuffed animal friends. He will talk to them and pretend feed them. But he also will do things like line them up in front of his potty and say, "Watch this Alvin!", as he shows Alvin how he goes pee-pee!
...this Kool Kat likes to wear his shades during his morning run with daddy... no biggie, but it's before the sun even comes up!!!
...he insists that we call him "Cowboy"! Yup, his name is "Cowboy"!
I'm sure this is only the beginning of all of the Gabe~isms to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment