Here are some pictures of our little cutie pie from our 18 week ultrasound.
(Sorry dad, I know these pics make you a little squeamish!)
We are now 21 weeks and that means we are more than half way done...WAHOO!!!
I'm a little sad that I haven't been able to really enjoy being pregnant. I continue to have a horrible time with migraines (damn hormones) and unfortunately the meds that I used to take to prevent them are not safe to take during pregnancy. Because I have been so sick, I am out on leave from work for at least the next 4 weeks....while I work with a neurologist who helps pregos with migraines. Fingers crossed that he has some amazing tricks up his sleeve!
So for now, Andy, Gabe and I are just trying to make the most of it. I spend most days in bed... in the dark...often times throwing up :( Which means that I have needed a lot of help with Gabe (thanks Grams, Grammy, Maw, Ms. Terry, and neighbors) It also means that Andy has had to work from home...a lot... and has had to take over a lot of the household and Gabe responsibilities. It has not been a fun journey for any of us... but we keep reminding one another that this is temporary and in December/January we will have a beautiful, healthy, baby to hold in our arms.
While we did not find out the sex of the baby during our ultrasound, the good doctor assured us that the baby looks very healthy and weighed in at a whopping 9oz :) Baby is very active and is always kicking. Andy was even able to feel the baby kicking for the first time this week!
I have not been having any crazy cravings this time around... if anything I have had more aversions to foods and the nausea doesn't leave me with much of an appetite.
We will get another sneak peak at our cutie in a few more weeks :) I am scheduled to have another ultrasound around 25 weeks...


No comments:
Post a Comment