Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Arizona Rainbows

Sorry for slacking on the blog.... I have been too sick... too migraine-y... too tired and just feeling plain ole' sad to make it a priority...but I'm coming back around and I'll do my best to keep you updated...


Our trip to Arizona was a lot of fun... difficult at times... but fun. We rented an AMAZING house with incredible views and even had the rehearsal dinner there. We spent a lot of time relaxing by the pool and hanging out with family. It was so nice for all of us to be together for a joyous occasion. Mike and Marie's wedding was absolutely beautiful! Everything was just PERFECT!! Gabe and I even had a very special role in the wedding.... we walked Kiah (their ring dog) down the aisle :)


Unfortunately, while in Arizona we did have a few mishaps. Gabriel ended up with a nasty ear infection and an upper respiratory infection. We spent an entire day in an urgent care center while he got antibiotics and a nebulizer treatment.... and then there was Maw... poor Maw took a tumble... and we ended up spending an entire evening in the ER with her, while she got put back together!


Besides the wedding of course...and all of the fun times spent with family... my most memorable experience from the trip... happened on the day of the wedding... Gabriel woke up at 5 am on that Friday morning (gotta love time changes with toddlers!) And it was my turn to get up with him. So I moaned and groaned and made my way into the family room with him. I was absolutely in awe with what I saw next... there were rainbows... not just one rainbow... but rainbows all over the house. They were on the floor... on the ceiling... and on the walls... I had never seen anything like it! I was just completely amazed...and of course my first thought was Adam! I couldn't help but think that that was his way of letting me know he was there with us... it had to be him... it was just out of this world. They lasted for about 2 minutes and then they were gone. Thank goodness I took pictures because no one would have even believed me! When I was sharing this with the rest of the family (several hours later of course) Roy and Andy looked at one another... and said that they had been up at that time every day that week and NEVER saw ANY rainbows!














Of course mom and Mike's song at the wedding was "Over the Rainbow" and the only song fitting for the video of our trip :)



No comments:

Post a Comment