Monday, July 2, 2012

A typical summer day...

On this particular HOT summer day, Gabe and I headed outside for some Mommy & Gabe time, while baby Noah napped.  Gabe helped me paint a shelf for baby Noah's room and we had a great time decorating the driveway with sidewalk chalk!  Gabe also enjoyed coloring Daddy's 2x4's and had a great time loading up his loader with the chalk. 

We also enjoyed watching all of the construction going on around us!  There are a lot of houses being build in our neighborhood... which means lots of backhoe loaders, concrete trucks, and bulldozers! 
Gabe is just fascinated by all of the construction workers... he is always waving to them and trying to talk to them...he LOVES when they wave back to him or say hello.  He runs over to me and says proudly, "Mommy that man waved to me!"


 
 
 
 
 

On this particular day, I noticed at one point, that Gabe was looking glum. He was sitting in the grass, with his head down, and a pouty look on his face. (And anyone that knows Gabe, knows this is waaaaay out of character for him!) When I asked him what was wrong, he said, "Mommy, I'm very angry... because I want to help the men build!"

It broke my heart... I snuggled him up... gave him a delicious popsicle... and we headed inside to build houses with legos!

No comments:

Post a Comment