I'm not going to lie... this first month was tough....way tougher than I ever imagined. Shortly after we brought Noah home, he began SCREAMING... non stop....and began spitting up a lot! He rarely slept and acted like his belly hurt!
We tried gas drops, we tried the swing, we tried small but frequent feedings, we tried frequent burping, and we tried giving him bottles instead of nursing him...but Noah still screamed. It broke my heart!
I began to worry constantly... was he eating enough? Was he eating too much? Was there something seriously wrong with him? Will this screaming last forever? Not to mention I had my doubts as a mother... How was I supposed to function without ever sleeping? And how was I supposed to care for an active toddler and a screaming baby?
I turned to my friends google and facebook for answers... and all signs pointed to a possible food allergy. I decided that I would cut all dairy out of my diet to see if that made a difference...and low and behold... a few weeks later we did begin to see some changes. Noah no longer screams bloody murder all day and night. He is still very fussy and he still spits up a lot but it is nothing like it was those first couple of weeks.
At Noah's one month doctors appointment, the doctor agreed that it was very possibe that Noah has food allergies. We agreed that I would continue to cut dairy out of my diet and consider giving up soy products as well, if there was no improvement. He also gave us some special dairy free/soy free formula, called Allimentum, that we could supplement Noah with. We also started Noah on zantac for reflux and got an ultrasound done of his abdomen (which checked out ok)
At one month Noah tipped the scales at 7lbs 7oz and was 21 1/4 inches long.
(Andy and I often refer to him as Wilbur or Wilbie because he likes to eat every 1 1/2- 2 hours...even at night!)
He likes his paci
He enjoys road trips
He is starting to enjoy the swing
(as long as the music is playing and the birdies at the top are going around!)
In between the tears and the sleepless nights...we enjoyed having lots of visitors...
Gabe has been AMAZING with him!!! He will not go to bed without giving baby Noah a kiss goodnight... he gives Noah his paci when he is crying... and he is always asking me if he can "pet" baby Noah! I can't believe how sweet and gentle Gabe is with his baby brother.
Gabe is showing baby Noah some of his favorite toys and trucks...
And Gabe gave Noah some of his stickers!
We enjoyed some outdoor time...Gabe is taking baby Noah for a ride in his tractor!
We enjoyed lots of snuggling...
and mommy was able to capture some cute "non-crying" photos.
Noah got his first sponge bath...
and his first tub bath... he HATES both!
We enjoyed story time with big brother Gabe...
and had fun hanging in our boppy pillow!
Here is Noah with his bear...taken a few days after he was born...
and here he is at ONE month!!
And look how big... big brother Gabe is!!
No comments:
Post a Comment