Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Always Loved...Never Forgotten

I just want to thank all of you for all of your phone calls,facebook msgs, e-mails, text, cards and visits. I can't tell you how grateful my family and I are to be surrounded by all of this love. One can never have enough support during a time like this. To say that the last 36 hours have been difficult would be an understatement. These have been the worse 36 hours any of us have ever had to face. While I had not experienced how much love the heart can hold, until Gabriel was born.... I can honestly say that until this tragedy, I had no idea how much pain the heart can hold. This has been devastating to all of us..and we are all continuing to vacillate between immense sadness and numbness.

Although we may never know what happened that fatal night, we have been doing everything possible to seek some form of closure. We have spoken to the paramedics that were there with Adam that night. We have visited the crash site numerous times...just trying to make sense of this. We have torn apart what very little remains of his car...looking for CD fragments and anything that just might bring us closer to him. (I never thought I would be so happy to find his chewing gum) We have cried, laughed, and prayed. We have even shared a private (and very tearful) moment at the funeral home, with Adam. We have reminisced over pictures and mom and I have even been make ourselves comfortable in his hollister sweatpants and t-shirts...I can't tell you how much I love the smell of his clothes...

I know the next couple days are going to be especially difficult as we lay Adam to rest, but I just hope and pray that with God, family, and friends...we will get through this.

I have added viewing and service information to my facebook page. I am looking forward to seeing so many of you, I just wish it didn't have to be under these circumstances.

Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we continue to pray for all of those that are grieving the loss of a great son, grandson, uncle, nephew, and friend.

We will always love you Adam!

No comments:

Post a Comment