Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl XLV

Ahhh Superbowl Sunday... we wanted to do something special... something special so that it felt different from every other Sunday.
But this pesky little thing called a migraine kind of interfered. (They are back in full swing and making my life miserable...still working on finding a solution with the neurologist though)
Anyways, I was not up to going out...not up to drinking beer...and not up to going to the grocery store and whipping up something yummy...
so we came up with an impromptu picnic dinner in the family room of McDonalds (I realized I have posted twice in the last week about McDonalds and I swear we hardly ever eat McDonalds... we usually are a ground turkey...grilled chicken... steamed veggies kind of family!!)
There was burger chewing, french fry dipping, football watching kind of fun!

Since we didn't have any Packers or Steelers apparel... we dressed Gabe in football jammies and his sports slippers...

and had milk (Gabe) and Sprite (Mommy & Daddy) instead of beer!

**************************************

and then there was poop, tears and popsicles...

While Andy and I were getting into the game, Gabe came running up to us and said, "Poop!" We looked at one another and said, "Did he just say poop?" We've never heard him say that before...

...and he took off towards the bathroom. We didn't know what to do besides sit him on the potty. We haven't even discussed potty training... I haven't even really thought about or prepared for potty training. I just assumed we had plenty of time! After sitting on the potty for a few minutes and not doing anything... Andy put his diaper back on...and then we smelled it...

I know this is a TMI story but Andy and I were just so amazed by him. Not only did he communicate to us that he needed to go, but he wanted to try and use the potty, and he really did have to go!

Then there were tears... while playing, Gabe and I both got some boo boos. ( I think Gabe is going to be fine...but for me... there is a good chance I will be going to work tomorrow with a fat lip :D )

Luckily we had popsicles to the rescue. Popsicles make everything better...and Gabe even suckered me into giving him two :)

Whew what a Superbowl Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment