Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Updates on Updates

Life is good. We are enjoying our new house and feeling a lot less stress. We are thankful to have the finding tenants...packing...moving x2... and unpacking behind us!! It is so nice to have all of this extra space. No more tripping over Gabe and Zoey! Everyone has space to spread out!!

Gabe: Gabe continues to amaze us each and every day. He is constantly learning new tricks and is always making his mommy and daddy laugh. He is still obsessed with the stairs... although I think the novelty of the stairs is slowly wearing off. He has transitioned off of his bottles and is using a sippy cup! He loves playing outside... even on those super chilly days! He climbs on everything and his latest obsession is books. He loves to bring you books and say "book...up". He even sleeps with his truck book! He is finally adjusted to the time change and depending on the day will wake up between 7:30-8:30! Thank goodness... that 6:30 business is way to early for mommy!

Me: My appointment with the neurologist went really well. This doctor was absolutely amazing! He started me on a preventive medicine (amitriptyline) that I take every night. It's a medicine that is typically used to treat depression but they found that in smaller doses it helps to prevent migraines.... and so far... it's working!!! It's only been a couple of weeks and already I am feeling so much better. It's amazing to wake up and actually feel good. I have so much more energy too. It's amazing how much you can accomplish in a day when you feel half way decent! He also gave me a list of things to work on in addition to the medicine. He told me that people with migraines need a very strict schedule. They have to wake up at the same time everyday...eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner at regular times, exercise regularly (apparently going for walks with Gabe does NOT count as exercise), and the biggest thing he said was that I needed to wean myself off of all caffeine and all over the counter pain relievers, as well as my old migraine reliever, Fioricet. That means no more cherry coke zero :( ... no more exedrin...and no more tylenol. He told me that these things temporarily relieve migraine pain but in the long run only make it worse because it causes "rebound" migraines. Obviously this is a lot to work on all at once so I'm slowly eliminated these things and have been working really hard on created a more regular eating/sleeping/exercise schedule. The doctor and I are still working on finding a medicine that helps me when I do get a migraine. So far the Imitrex nasal spray and Imitrex tablets are not working... so I'm waiting to find out plan C. I follow up with him Dec. 23 and I'm hoping to have everything checked off on my "to do" list by then :)

Andy: I think Andy is feeling a lot less stressed! Now that we are settled, he is able to shift his focus back to work and family. It's so nice to see him more...and he seems much much happier! His commute is sooooo much better. We are able to spend our evenings playing and eating dinner together as a family! I think he also enjoys having little fun projects to work on around the house (we just completed our first fun project...more to come on that later :) He also is enjoying the slower paced lifestyle on the 'shore. Weekends are no longer filled with running here and there... we can just relax and have fun at home. Although I think he does kinda miss his favorite store in the whole wide world...BJ's Wholesale!!!

Zoey: Currently, as I type, Zoey is curled up on our old sofa (she's not allowed on the new one) laying in the sun and looking out the window. What could be better than that!?! She has been enjoying going for chilly walks outside and running around in her new backyard ( She will enjoy it even more in a couple weeks when we have our fence!!) She continues to be incredibly patient and loving with her brother as he tries to ride her, steal her bone, and stick his fist in her mouth!

So all in all.... life is good. We are enjoying our family, our health, and our new house. We are looking forward to this holiday season and all of the fun festivities that come with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment