Well as you can imagine, we have been busy busy busy... from finding daycare and doctors to researching washers and dryers. Monday, November 15th is the big day! The day we finally get to move into our new house! The house looks great! We had our first walk thru this week and there are only a few minor things to touch up before Monday (a line of caulk here and a paint touch up there...) Monday we will have our final walk thru... settlement... and then the moving (for the 2nd time) begins!!! Ugh I hate moving!
Gabe: Gabe is doing great. We finally admitted to ourselves this week, that Gabe has officially lost that "baby" look and now looks like a little boy. Of course, with that little boy appearance, comes the little boy defiance. He certainly has his own opinions about things and lets you know when he doesn't agree with something. He keeps us on our toes. He is into everything and is completely obsessed with the stairs (he would go up and down them all day if you let him!) Over the last couple of weeks, his vocabulary has exploded. Everyday he surprises us with at least one new word. His most recent words have included chocolate (totally Andy's child), corn, bye bye, and bracelet. Luckily he hasn't learned the word "NO"! Oh, and he is not adjusted well to this time change... what once was a 7:30 wake up time has now become a 6:30 wake up time... and our naps are all out of whack!!
Me: I am counting down the days until my neurology appt with a headache specialist. I see him next Thursday. Unfortunately, I am continuing to have daily headaches/migraines. This of course has left me feeling quite depressed... depressed in that I'm not the person I want to be. I'm not the wife that I want to be or the mother that Gabe needs and deserves. I've accepted that I may not find answers to why I am getting these frequent migraines but am hoping to at least find a treatment that helps me to actually be able to live this amazing life that God has given me...
I am also planning to take off work the next week so that I can help with the move, get those boxes unpacked, and help make this house a home!
Andy: Andy continues to amaze me. He has been a busy bee in getting everything finalized with the house and this awful financing fiasco... Dealing with the mortgage company has been AWFUL! I'm surprised they haven't ask for our first, second, and third born child!! Without Andy's tenacity, I don't know if we'd ever make it to settlement on this house. He has had to make multiple phone calls a day to stay on top of things and make sure they have all of the paperwork they need. It seems that everyday has been a different hurdle... a hurdle that Andy has had to fight past. In addition to dealing with the mortgage company, Andy has been sending daily e-mails to the contractor about various issues that have required attention on the house. He is also continuing to endure his awful work commute... out of all of us, he is probably the one that is most ready for us to get settled in our new home!
Zoey: Zoey is anxious.... She knows that something is going on but isn't quite sure what. Before leaving our condo, she saw all the boxes and became very concerned. So concerned, that she completely shredded her dog bed. Poor Zoey. Little does she know that she is going to have a nice back yard to run around in very soon! We are hoping to have a fence put in later in the month (another project that Andy has been working on!) I know that Zoey and Gabe are going to have so much fun running around together... both inside and out!
Someday in the near future I will post some pics... the internet is PAINFULLY slooooooow here... but Andy has assured me that it will be all set up and ready for me at the new house!
Thanks to all of our family and friends who have given us lots of help and support during this stressful and exciting transition :) We love all of you!!
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment